The 4-H Adult Leader Council is creating a custom cookbook featuring favorite recipes from our 4-H members, volunteers, and the community. These cookbooks will be professionally published and are sure to be a treasured keepsake for us all. Money raised will be used for youth scholarships, award programs, and youth trip funding.
The deadline has been extended to May 10th to enter your recipes! We have about 200 recipes today and want to hit a goal of 300.
Please submit 3-5 of your favorite recipes so you can be represented in our cookbook. Many recipes from all members will ensure that our cookbook is a success. We are using Morris Press Cookbook’s web site to easily submit recipes online. If you do not have Internet access, our committee can enter them for you. Submit hard copies of your recipes to the UW-Extension office (335 E Monroe Ave, Room 2206, Barron, WI 54812).
We are hoping to have these fabulous cookbooks available by June/July 2019. They will be available for $10.00. Please submit your recipes online as soon as possible. You will have until May 10th to submit recipes so we can meet our deadline. Help us to make a great cookbook to share with the community!
To Submit Recipes Online:
- Go to www.typensave.com and click ‘Login.’
- Enter the User Name: Barron4H
- Enter the password: season318 (and click ‘Submit.’)
- Enter your name and click ‘Continue.’
- Click ‘Add Recipes’ to begin adding your recipes.
Recipe Writing Tips:
- When adding recipes, review the “Tips” and use standard abbreviations.
- Only enter 1 ingredient per ingredient line.
- List ingredients in order of use in the ingredients list and directions.
- Include container sizes, e.g., (16-oz.) pkg., (24-oz.) can.
- Write directions in paragraph form, not in steps.
- Use names of ingredients in the directions, e.g., “Combine flour and sugar.” DO NOT use statements like, “Combine first three ingredients.”
- Include temperatures and cooking, chilling, baking, and/or freezing times.
- Additional comments about the recipe (history, nutritional data, suggested uses, etc.) are not allowed unless a “Recipe Note” field is visible. Enter extra recipe content in that field.