The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is receiving increased attention in the news media as the disease continues to spread around the globe. We understand you may get questions about COVID-19 from partners and program participants. We want to ensure you have the resources you need to be responsive.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS), and local health departments have compiled information for the general public to learn more about COVID-19. As Extension educators, we can provide support to these agencies by amplifying important messages and critical information and by referring the public back to these public health agencies. Please take some time to become familiar with the resources below.
- Learn the facts about COVID-19. (CDC)
- Find general information about COVID-19 (CDC)
- Find Wisconsin-specific information about COVID-19 including fact sheets in English, Chinese, Spanish, Hmong (DHS)
- Information for specific audiences:
These resources will also be posted on the Extension website.
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services reports the immediate health risk of COVID-19 to the general public is low. However, as an individual, there are things you can do to help prevent the spread of illness.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough and sneeze.