WHAT IS A 4-H Junior Leader?
4-H Jr. Leaders are teens in grades 8-13 who love 4-H and want others to love it also! Jr. Leaders have fun promoting 4-H, planning and organizing events, and teaching younger 4-H’ers. Junior Leaders create opportunities to use their skills in leadership, communication, and teamwork.
- Be an active Barron County 4-H member in grades 8-13
- Have an interest in promoting 4-H
- Have a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Be a good role model for younger members
- Be responsible, accountable, dedicated and willing to follow through on responsibilities
- Attend occasional meetings and scheduled activities (members will set their schedule)
- Plan and carry out ways to promote 4-H with youth and adults of Barron County
- Assist with 4-H events and activities.
- Contribute to planning process
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF IT?
- New Friendships and Lots of Fun
- Marketable skills such as leadership, communication and teamwork
- Great experience for college applications and resumes
Contact Sara Waldron (email@example.com for more information and meetings times).