4-H Dog Project
Primary Contact(s): *Arlene Poulter | firstname.lastname@example.org | 715-859-2275
*Tammy Kilmer | email@example.com | 715-296-6379
Additional contacts can be found inside Dog Project Handbook.
2019-2020 Dog Project Information
2020 Educational/Kickoff Meetings**NO DOGS at these meetings! Guest Speakers TBA.
- Thursday, January 9th, 7 pm, Government Center Auditorium-All Members Invited
- Thursday, February 13th, 7 pm, Government Center Auditorium – All Members Invited
- Thursday, March 12th, 6:30 pm, Northwood’s Canine Connection– All Members Invited
Meet & Greets (WITH DOGS)
These classes are for new members and any dog new to the project. Must attend 2 of the three classes with dog to be eligible to participate in training centers.
These are all held at the Northwood’s Canine Connections, 2775 8th Ave., Chetek, WI 54728 at 6:30 pm.
- Tuesday, April 7th
- Tuesday, April 14th
- Tuesday, April 21st .
2020 Training Centers (All Members with dogs)
Obedience classes begin – Tuesday, April 28th, 6:30 pm – at the beach (On-leash work only)
- Rice Lake
- Obedience Classes begin – Wednesday, April 29th – at Barron County Fairgrounds.
Start Times: Beginners 6:30p.m.; 2nd and 3rd Year 6:30 p.m. and/or 7:00 p.m.; 4th year and up 6:00 p.m.
*Showmanship times to be announced at the Rice Lake Center
- Agility Classes Begin – Wednesday, April 29th at Barron County Fairgrounds
- 6:00 pm – First year
- 7:00 pm – Second year and up
2020 Other Events
- Barron County Fair Agility Show (at fairgrounds) – Wednesday, July 8th, 6:00 pm start time
- Barron County Fair Obedience/Showmanship Show – Wednesday, July 15th, 9:00 am start time
- State 4-H Dog Obedience & Showmanship Show-located at the Washington County Fair Park, August 21-23, 2020
- State 4-H Agility Show-located Canine Sports Zone in Middleton Wisconsin, August 15, 2020
- Potluck Awards Banquet – At the Barron County Fairgrounds – August 5th