Information collected by Barron County Department of Health & Human Services.
Dates & times are always changing, so please call to confirm details.
- Barron Food Pantry, 411 E. La Salle Ave. (use door in alley), Tuesdays 9:30-12:30 or Thursdays 2-5pm
- Cameron Food Pantry, behind Village Hall, 300 N. 1st St, Tues 9-11am, Thurs 1-3pm
- Chetek Food Pantry, 121 Second St., Tues/Thurs 10-1, 715-925-3500
- Cumberland Food Pantry, 1356 2nd Ave, downstairs police dept, Fridays 1-3pm
- Prairie Farm Food Pantry, Legion Hall, Tues 3pm-6pm
- Rice Lake Food Pantry, 400 W. Coleman, Tues 10:30-12am, Thurs 1-2:30pm
- Rice Lake/St. Vincent’s, 40 S. Main St, Tues & Thurs 12-2 pm
- Sisters’ Emergency Cupboard, 1108 Heart Island Pkwy, Rice Lake, 715-434-4332
- Turtle Lake Food Pantry, 200 West Martin Ave, Thurs. 1pm-3pm, 715-986-2241
- Good Samaritan Ministries, 2058 15th Ave Cameron, On Call Emergency Foods, call 715-234-4230
- Hand of Help- evening meal served at 5pm the last two Sundays of each month at the United Presbyterian Church located at 20 W. Messenger in Rice Lake. (715) 234-7212. Handicap accessible.
- The Lunch Box-noon meal served on Tuesdays at Bethany Lutheran Church, located at 35 W. Messenger, Rice Lake (715) 234-9028.
- Meal from the Heart- evening meal served at 5:30, 3rd Thursday of each month @ First Lutheran Church 4 W. LaSalle, Barron. (715) 537-3575.
- St. Vincent’s Soup Kitchen- noon meal served Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays & 3rd Saturday of each month from 12-1 p.m. at St. Vincent’s Food Pantry, 40 S. Main, Rice Lake. For more information call (715) 234-2372.
- Dinner on Us- evening meal served on Wednesdays & Thursdays from 5:30-6:30 at the Chetek United Methodist Church, 300 Stout St. Chetek (behind Gordy’s IGA), no registration required, just show up.
Other Non-Emergency Services to Help Stretch Food Budgets
- Food Share- financial assistance to help with food costs. Contact Dept of Health & Human Services, (715)537-5691 or apply online at www.access.wisconsin.gov
- Share- buying club 1-800-548-2124 (Spanish or English) or go to www.sharewi.org & select monthly form. No income limit. Accepts food stamps/quest card, check, money order and cash. First time participants must pay prior to pick up.
- WIC- Women, Infants, & Children program offered through local Department of Health & Human Services. Provides food vouchers for specific types of food. Specific eligibility criteria exist related to income, pregnancy, & ages of children in family. Call 715-537-5691 for more information.
- UW Extension- food, nutrition & budget information,715-537-6250.
- Ruby’s Pantry – food distribution. Distribution starts ½ hour after opening, ends when food gone. $15.00 donation requested, bring your own containers for food. www.rubyspantry.org.
1st Sat. of every month. 7:30 AM-9:30 AM. Cumberland Elementary School. Sponsor Northern Lakes Community Church.
3rd Sat. of every month, 9:00-10:300 AM. Registration starts at 7:30am at Living Water Lutheran Church, 222 Birch Avenue, Cameron; Distribution across the street at Cameron Fire Hall. www.livingwater-cameron.org