The Barron County Master Gardener Volunteers are here to help the community. If you have a project proposal please let us know. We are always willing to help, but for a project to become endorsed by the Master Gardener Volunteers it must meet the below criteria.
Protocol for Proposing Endorsed Projects
Endorsed projects are those projects: (1) where all members are encouraged to participate. (2) those projects that would benefit a large number of people and (3) those with a potential long-term impact. The following steps are required to propose a new Endorsed Project for BCMGA.
- A letter from the requesting party or group hereafter called “the Beneficiary” should be sent to the Advisor, outlining the parameters of the proposed new project. The Advisor must bring any requests for project consideration to the attention of the Business Meeting.
- A prospective new project must be added to the agenda of the Business Meeting at which the matter will be introduced. At this meeting, the advisor will briefly describe the project as outlined in the letter. The members present at this meeting will vote whether to continue with the process.
- Upon approval to continue, a spokesperson representing the Beneficiary should schedule an appointment for the next Business Meeting. A 5-10 minute presentation should be made by the spokesperson. After the spokesperson has left, the members present will vote to determine how to proceed. After the spokesperson has left, the members present will vote to determine how to proceed. A chairperson shall be requested from the membership and sign-up sheet will be circulated to determine membership participation. If a chairperson is in place, and there is adequate response, the project will be accepted. If not, the project will be declined, and a letter of regret will be send to the Beneficiary.
- If approved, a chairperson will be requested from the membership and a sign-up sheet will be circulated to determine member participation. If a chairperson is in place, and there is adequate response, the project will be accepted. If not, the project will be declined, and a letter of regret will be sent to the Beneficiary. The declined project may be re-submitted at a later time for future consideration.
- A contract outlining both parties’ responsibilities and the Project’s completion by BCMGA for future consideration.