In Barron County 4-H, you can be as involved as you want to be! Click the information below to see what you can participate in.
Youth in grades K-2 are unique and special and wonderful. Activities in the Cloverbud Project are designed to meet their needs at an age appropriate level while having fun with hands-on, engaging activities. Some of the activities a youth can try with the Wisconsin 4-H Cloverbud project include:
- Experimenting with science, technology, engineering, and math
- Exploring their creative side with theater and visual arts
- Diving into animal and plant science
- Learning about themselves and others
- Giving back to their communities through service projects
- Many more activities
4-H Projects are specific areas of interest for 4-H members and volunteers. Projects cover a wide variety of topics from animals, science, arts, and beyond. Explore the different project areas below and find more information on a project that you are interested in!
Check out the Wisconsin 4-H Project Guide for a complete list.
WHAT IS A 4-H Junior Leader?
4-H Jr. Leaders are teens in grades 8-13 who love 4-H and want others to love it also! Jr. Leaders have fun promoting 4-H, planning and organizing events, and teaching younger 4-H’ers. Junior Leaders create opportunities to use their skills in leadership, communication, and teamwork.
- Be an active Barron County 4-H member in grades 8-13
- Have an interest in promoting 4-H
- Have a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Be a good role model for younger members
- Be responsible, accountable, dedicated and willing to follow through on responsibilities
- Attend occasional meetings and scheduled activities (members will set their schedule)
- Plan and carry out ways to promote 4-H with youth and adults of Barron County
- Assist with 4-H events and activities.
- Contribute to planning process
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF IT?
- New Friendships and Lots of Fun
- Marketable skills such as leadership, communication and teamwork
- Great experience for college applications and resumes
Contact Sara Waldron (firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and meetings times).